1.Tell us a bit about yourself! Hi, I’m Allie! I’m 24 and I graduated from the University of South Florida with a degree in International Studies and a minor in Anthropology. I have a life & style blog called LunaVida. I’ve loved fashion for as long as I can remember… but I may not have had as great as a grasp as I thought I did during my adolescence I am also a huge Harry Potter fan (Hufflepuffs, rep!). My number one passion, however, is animals. I’ve been a vegetarian for 10 years, and I’d like to work for an animal welfare nonprofit. (If you can’t tell from this blurb, my interests are very vast, haha.)
2. How did you first find your love for fashion? I grew up with two older sisters and my mom & grandma absolutely loved taking us out shopping on the weekends, so it was kind of instilled in me as a fun form of self expression from a young age. I was experimental throughout grade school, trying to find my “signature style” but looking back at photos, I had no clue what I was doing back then. So embarrassing!
3. What is a normal day like for you? On a typical day, I wake up, spend some time with my boyfriend, cat, and dog, and then go do one of my other favorite things: eat! I usually work out (my boyfriend and I just started “Insanity” the other week and it’s nearly killing me) and then spend some time blogging and checking out my favorite blogs, such as your’s! In the evening, I eat dinner, go for a swim, and usually watch a little Netflix before bed.
4.Go to fashion look? I’d say my go to look is generally pretty casual. Like I mentioned before, I spent some time experimenting with finding my own style and it turns out I like a lot of different looks. One day I may dress classically or vintage-y, then boho/hippy the next, and then super girly & feminine the next day. It’s always changing with my personal style!
5. Favorite designers? Ooooh, I love love love Isabel Marant, Stella McCartney, Balenciaga, Lanvin, and 3.1 Phillip Lim. Of course, I can’t afford any of them but I can dream… and drool
6. Summer go to’s? My summer go to’s are definitely sundresses, lots of bracelets & rings, sunglasses, and open toe espadrille wedges. I love how a few simple pieces, that are so easy to wear, can look chic on anyone. Plus, as an added bonus, it’s nice and breezy for the hot weather!
7. What type of things are you looking forward to in the fall? I love this question, because I am SO looking forward to the fall. I am ready for it to cool down for sure (it’s typically around 108 degrees here in Phoenix — even at night!). I’m jonesin’ for hot apple cider, pumpkin carving, tights, infinity scarves, skinny jeans, thick socks, and BOOTS! Oh! And for “Catching Fire” to come out in theaters!!!
How old are you? I am currently 24 years old young 😉
Where are you from? I was born and raised in Loveland, Ohio, but I moved to Tampa, Florida to go to college in 2007. I graduated from the University of South Florida in 2011 with a B.A. in International Studies and a minor in Anthropology. (Those are two areas of study that probably couldn’t be further from fashion, but what can I say? My interests are vast!) In April 2013, my boyfriend and I made the cross-country trek from Florida all the way to Phoenix, Arizona in search of a new life adventure. We are loving it here so far. (If you are in the area, we are always looking for suggestions of places to go hike, restaurants to try, etc so any of your knowledge is much appreciated!)
What’s the story of LunaVida? I had been toying around with the idea of starting a fashion blog for a while, but I was always too chicken. I love looking at fashion blogs, but oftentimes the prices are so ridiculous that, what? 1% of recent college grads and the like could probably afford the items? Therefore, I decided to base LunaVida on something I love to do myself: bargain shopping. After I did some research and made some goals, LunaVida was born!
How did you come up with the name “LunaVida?” After I decided I was going to just grow some cojones and start my blog, my boyfriend and I went about brainstorming names for a few days. I have a dog named Dakota Hufflepuff and a cat named Luna Lovegood (Did I forget to mention I am a Harry Potter fan?). I am obsessed with both of them beyond what is considered normal… so I named my blog after my cat (…seriously).
How tall are you? I haven’t been measured in a hot minute, but the last time I was 5’8.5″
What do you like to do? I am a huge animal lover, so I love to spend time with my pets. There is nothing better than taking a nice long hike with my boyfriend and puppy 🙂 I also have been a vegetarian for 10 years, so I like Pinterest-ing new veggie-friendly recipes to try (although I don’t actually like cooking all that much…). I obviously like blogging and shopping too, as well as traveling as much as possible!
I really appreciate you reading my blog, and I hope you follow & check back often!
Let me know if you have any questions or comments.
Here are some photos from Allie’s Blog!
Her Adorable Kitty Luna 🙂
Follow her awesome blog!
She Is a real sweetie and has the cutest Style!!